โ€บ

BM3 Battle #07 - BANK๐Ÿ’ขBANK๐Ÿ’ข (Deadline March 31st for banks, 14th April for songs)

Comments

• So yeah i bit and finally G'd Otamatone, how weird lol.

• @5pinlink said:
    So yeah i bit and finally G'd Otamatone, how weird lol.

:joy:

• edited March 2018

Thanks Gus. Downloading now...

EDIT: Sounds great. Reminds me of Devo (that's a good thing, btw)
    What AU plugins were used?

• Been working on a few single cycle synths to get s9me sounds for you all, still got a bunch more to do yet.....

• Sorry Doug, i was reading another thread post by GusGranite shortly before replying here, and got my names mixed up

• edited March 2018

@5pinlink

I'm seriously looking forward to getting my hands on your challenge bank. Is it nearly ready?

• @tk32 said:
    @5pinlink

I'm seriously looking firward to getting my hands on your challenge bank. Is it nearly ready?

Gonna try and get some more done, hopefully before the weekend is done.

• edited March 2018

AHOOOOY so yeah took me a minute but I went back and revisited my #weeklybeats so far this year and cleaned up a few banks for the contest =)

http://gorehole.org/filerun/wl/?id=VeONpYNciQIHJXlJbVU4W0IvCI5yn33I&mode=regular

I made a demo video on my iPad but uploading to youtube kept giving me the same error (error preparing upload) so... whatever! here's some text descriptions.

gr16a70 (no fx) sampled from the gr16 groovebox app. that thing is great for getting a full set of sounds from really quickly. drums and synths.

GR-16 (Dancing Rocker) No Fx different drums and synth but same idea as above ๐Ÿ™ƒ for the synths i tend to do a quick tap on the synth as one sample then a 2nd sample that is the synth held down so that sustained notes can be played, but didn't bother with looping any of them

iOTA ESL (B,C,D & 170BPM timestretches) voxels from a student practicing her pronounciation & timestretched versions that got used in my dnb battle entry

minicali (no fx) drum kit pack i used on my electro battle entry here

Neckst Baest (126BPM Alpaca) vocal samples i made for my electro battle entry ๐Ÿ˜ˆ this is uncessarily huge because there's 4 copies of the sample in the folder... one got made every time i did a sample edit, but when i trimmed the sample in edit more it didn't make the sample size any smaller on disk. i don't know if this is by design or i just don't know what i'm doing.

typical reporter (no fx) chinese reporter anouncing the results of the "election" that got used in Mechanical Path weeklybeat

i was thinking of making a pack of phonemes from iOTA as well... but so much chopping and i still need to make my weeklybeat!!!

also how is this battle deadline march 14th? we're now on march 24th :open_mouth:

• edited March 2018

Thanks @starpause these banks all sound interesting.

It'd be great to see your demo video if you can find a way around the upload error

p.s. what is iOTA?

• @starpause
    Heres your Neckst Baest Bank, I trimmed silences, converted to mono, because the samples were just dual mono anyway, yours was 132mb, this is 6mb ;)
    I also saved each sample as its own sample and named them to match the pad they are on ;)
    Heres the temporary Dropbox link, will stay active till after the compo has run.

Dropbox

• edited March 2018

@starpause Heres your iOTA bank, I dont have time to trim slice etc on so many samples, however, i trimmed the couple that were still slices in duplicates of the long file, and outside of Beatmaker i batch processed them all to mono (Again they are dual mono anyway, so absolutely zero difference except size)
    But anyway i cut your bank from 156mb to 18mb ;)
    Again temporary Dropbox link until compo is finished.

Dropbox

Sidenote, i think i really need to do a good housekeeping tutorial at some point to cover all of this sort of size shrinking of banks/projects.

• @tk32 said:
    Thanks @starpause these banks all sound interesting.

It'd be great to see your demo video if you can find a way around the upload error

p.s. what is iOTA?

I think Google have given the YouTube app to an intern to work on, every update for the last 6 weeks has broken something, I can still upload videos but when you add a title and description it just removes them and then refuses to let you edit after upload, add this to the previous version not showing you the upload after it was completed, or the version before that where you couldn't hit the next button in the preview until it had reached a certain percentage in time playing back.
    Google/facebook/Amazon, they can all kiss my shiny metal ass !!!!

• Thanks for optimising the banks 5pin.

It can sometimes be a little frustrating when each incremental edit and trim on an audio file results in another new version ...[00X].wav - wish we had an easier way to purge unused WAVs (as previously discussed)

• edited March 2018

My bank may be a little longer before release, its only gonna be a taster at 16 presets, but i just spent 5 hours setting up a single macro on a preset, the macro does control 33 different things to age the preset from 80s through to 90s though.
    It near enough goes through Commodore 64 sampling through to SP1200 sampling, aaaah good times good times hahahaha.

• edited March 2018

@5pinlink said:
    My bank may be a little longer before release, its only gonna be a taster at 16 presets, but i just spent 5 hours setting up a single macro on a preset, the macro does control 33 different things to age the preset from 80s through to 90s though.

what a concept! can't wait to play with it =)

@5pinlink said:
    Sidenote, i think i really need to do a good housekeeping tutorial at some point to cover all of this sort of size shrinking of banks/projects.

yes please! i feel so guilty that you took time cleaning up my mess rather than working on your own banks > ~ < if i knew what to do to clean things up i'd be there, if there's something to read in the manual etc? I found "Eric's BM3 Notes" but it doesn't get into cleanup.

i replaced my original links with your cleaned up versions so you can clean up your dropbox if needed!

@tk32 said:

p.s. what is iOTA?

Guess I'll export the video to my laptop and upload from there... hnng

iOTA is her name ๐Ÿ˜‚

OKAAAAY here's the bank(s) demo track

• edited March 2018

And a little bank with some samples from my kids toys. I seem to have lost my microphone somewhere, so I had to use my phone instead.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ek0a4bsq35kpib2/AACM6j6KuZDE0slQri2sDi7Va?dl=0

Tried to clean โ€˜m up ๐Ÿ˜Š

I forgot, a short demo:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ecu1xi6371jei07/hoitoy.wav?dl=0

• @denx said:
    And a little bank with some samples from my kids toys. I seem to have lost my microphone somewhere, so I had to use my phone instead.

I forgot, a short demo:

This is great! Got it linked in the first post. Sounds like we're going to have a #KAWAII compo after all ๐Ÿ’โ€โ™€๏ธ

• @starpause said:

@denx said:

I forgot, a short demo:

This is great! Got it linked in the first post. Sounds like we're going to have a #KAWAII compo after all ๐Ÿ’โ€โ™€๏ธ

Thanks! I see your point ๐Ÿ˜

• I'm the least cutesy thing you will EVER meet, and i despise emojis, so maybe my bank wont fit in to this comp hahaha

• You sure do use a lot of :winks: for someone who hates emojis ;)

And I'm sure @starpause will be considerate enough not to force us all to go KAWAII! so please do let us have that bank

• Yeah, I suppose they are so very different ;)

• Yes there are, you are right ;)

• Thanks, I didnโ€™t know that ๐Ÿ™‚

• Aaaahaha I'm sticking with NO GENRE for this compo! See how it goes. But also #KAWAII needs something edgy to it or you can't even tell it's kawaii ๐Ÿ™ƒ

• Ill stick to Kawai thanks ;)

• edited March 2018

Looks easy enough, i'll give this Kawaii sound a try.

#KawaiiDesu

• Hey guys :)

Here is a melodic patch I just made: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mrhf8m1hp4fhq1u/Pin Code.zip?dl=0

Does this 1-patch bank count to qualify me for entry into the battle?

:D

• Hey Dean, nice to see you around these parts again.

If your 1-patch bank is half as useful as the last one you made us (and I'm sure it will be).. you're in :)