โ€บ

BM3 Battle 10 - VOTING CLOSED (Track X wins!)

13ยป

Comments

• Alas, I am Mr. L (feels like we are playing a game of Clue here. LOL). Congrats to everyone for some dope entries and congrats @DeanDaughters for the grand prize!

I used the FREE Audio Kit Synth One (not to be confused with Synthmaster One or Synthmaster Player). That was my first time diving into it. (Feel free to see one of my previous posts about more of the production method).

Looking forward to the next one! Hopefully I can join in on that one. Great job everyone!

• Oh can all the entires make sure that any tweaks you do to your tunes, i get updated with a wav again, i really want all these entries for compo mix tapes purposes, and any other entries you have from previous, if you can get wavs of those to me too :)

• @5pinlink said:
    Oh can all the entires make sure that any tweaks you do to your tunes, i get updated with a wav again, i really want all these entries for compo mix tapes purposes, and any other entries you have from previous, if you can get wavs of those to me too :)

Here's the wav for my re-mixed submission. Let me know if you think the sub and snare are de-mudded enough =)
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/f6evbokod7oufzu/battle 10c (172.00 BPM) - MAIN OUT(1).wav?dl=0

Any more substantial tweaks I make will probably stray too far from my original submission to feel legitimate in a compo mix =)

• I definitely think it needs that sub line added (haven't listened to this new one yet to be fair)

Also i am making stand on this point here, as far as i am concerned everybody can tweak themselves to oblivion and just keep updating me with new versions, its legit, its all good ;)
    The backbone of a song is the original composition, mix tweaks are just that ;)

• @5pinlink said:
    I definitely think it needs that sub line added (haven't listened to this new one yet to be fair)

Also i am making stand on this point here, as far as i am concerned everybody can tweak themselves to oblivion and just keep updating me with new versions, its legit, its all good ;)

I'm planning on making more than just mix tweaks to this track =) let me know what you think once you've heard this new mix!

• edited July 2018

Well done @DeanDaughters , top track with a professional feeling! I voted for you
    @dafingaz L was very close, with a very different approach : I would really like to know more about how this track was constructed

• @tk32 said:
    For the remaining 2, my guess is..

L - @d4d0ug
    S - @dafingaz

By the way @denx, you'll be pleased to know I voted for your track :)

Doumo arigatou gozaimasu ๐Ÿ™

• edited July 2018

@ronji said:

@5pinlink said:
    I definitely think it needs that sub line added (haven't listened to this new one yet to be fair)

I'm planning on making more than just mix tweaks to this track =) let me know what you think once you've heard this new mix!

I'm MBP speaker bound tonight, but i can already tell you it is way way less busy in the lows, much much better, but when that beat kicks in it is lacking driving power (sub sub sub sub sub hahahaha if you don't do it, i will in the mix lol) and if you can, can you either start with just the easy beat or twiddle that is under it for a bit at the start, rather than both, 16 or 32 bar build etc, not for any other reason than it will allow me to get a nice cue/loop set up for maybe dropping a bit of break chop on it in the mix etc.

• @dafingaz said:
    Alas, I am Mr. L (feels like we are playing a game of Clue here. LOL). Congrats to everyone for some dope entries and congrats @DeanDaughters for the grand prize!

I used the FREE Audio Kit Synth One (not to be confused with Synthmaster One or Synthmaster Player). That was my first time diving into it. (Feel free to see one of my previous posts about more of the production method).

Looking forward to the next one! Hopefully I can join in on that one. Great job everyone!

Can we get a longer quieter mix (As TK32 noted it clips a bit) of this one dude, before 2nd of august (No pressure) i plan to have a heavy Bestival and this will be on repeat in the mornings after club hahaha.

• @Sygma Thanks! I used Audiokit Synth One (8 instances). I would search through and find sounds I liked and play along with the progression. After each pass, I recorded it to audio to avoid BM3 crashes. I put a compressor and AudioMaster on the master channel. I hope to revisit it today to clean up some of the layering and harsh frequencies...

• This round made for a really nice mix to listen/share at work!

Mr. S (d4doug) got my vote! I am a sucker for a synth that seems to talk. :)

• @dafingaz said:
    @Sygma Thanks! I used Audiokit Synth One (8 instances). I would search through and find sounds I liked and play along with the progression. After each pass, I recorded it to audio to avoid BM3 crashes. I put a compressor and AudioMaster on the master channel. I hope to revisit it today to clean up some of the layering and harsh frequencies...

Thanks for the explanation ๐Ÿ‘
    I keep coming back to your track which is a good sign! Bravo

• edited July 2018

Wait, WUT?

The Ambient piece was from @dafingaz ? :o <3

Extra Points, Bro - I never would have guessed that was yours!
    And made with Audiokit Synth One?
    Yeah, Man!!!! :) <3
    Imho, a little EQ on some of those sounds, and this track is KILLER!

Hope to see an entry from you in the next one!! ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘Š

• @5pinlink Cool. Will work on it! LOL....

• @DeanDaughters LOL. Yep. Been on some cinematic/score/soundtrack vibes lately so I wanted to go down the ambient road on this one. I'll see if I can get in on the next one...

• Oh, i am just about to de-anon, the entries on soundcloud, if all entries can post what info they want in the description, soundcloud/bandcamp/website etc etc.

• Images too if you want a specific one on your tracks.

• J:
    tk32 - Non Sequitur (Synthmaster One)
    O:
    tk32 - Durian (Synthmaster One)

Cheers

• X: Dean Daughters - Recycle Culture (Synthmaster One)

Thank You! :)

• @5pinlink - can you put a gold star / gold trophy picture on Dean's winning entry

:)

• @tk32 said:
    @5pinlink - can you put a gold star / gold trophy picture on Dean's winning entry

:)

Apparently not, Soundcloud doesn't support emoji, I will make up a winner banner for it

• V: ronji - perserverence (SynthMaster One)

Ya I prefer my artist name to be lowercase =p

• @ronji
    You're new mix is sounding tons better, bit I'd still like a little more snap in the snares. Perhaps reduce the decay some more and layer another sound on top for extra whip cracking goodness.

• @5pinlink where should I send the new mix?

• @dafingaz
    You can either PM the download link to @5pinlink , or email it to b3comp at 5pin dot link.

• Just pm me the dropbox link

13ยป