Synthmaster One [doesn’t seem to be] crashing a lot on 3.0.11 [anymore]

edited November 8 in Bug reports

(Tried to post this on the Synthmaster One thread but no idea how to find old buried threads as the search just finds any text anywhere.)

Anyway, I am getting major crashes with various patches in Synthmaster one when I turn the ‘index’ and ‘tone’ knobs. It is basicly a broken mine field now. :(

Comments

• Any time I read about the crappy forum search function, I feel the need to share how I search the forum.

https://www.google.com/search?q=synthmaster+one+site:intua.net/forums

• Also I'll test to confirm

• edited November 8

@ronji said:
    Any time I read about the crappy forum search function, I feel the need to share how I search the forum.

https://www.google.com/search?q=synthmaster+one+site:intua.net/forums

Heh, yah but all that did was help me find another thread I started back when I couldn’t find the main one before. ;)

Edit: oh now I see, duh heh

• edited November 8

The search has been broken since the last security update, vannila forums grrrr.
    Im having to go to google and use site:intua.net ‘search term’

https://intua.net/forums/index.php?p=/discussion/6730/synthmaster-one

• Haven't gotten it to crash yet, but dang it's hella sluggish. Which patches have done this to you? Note I've just tested with a fresh session with only SynthMaster One loaded onto a pad and nothing else.

• Must be something other factor causing the carshes, any other plugins or any particular patch ?

@ronji yes the UI with AU is very sluggish

• Seems to happen in sessions with three instances, used to be that four was the danger zone, is three now? Sigh

• In 3.0.10 I was able to have more than 4, might have just been 5 or 6 but it definitely seemed to have gotten better. I'll try testing with more instances in a bit.

• Hmmm, alright I will get all science on it’s ass and delete everything but the synthmasters... hmmm

• Oh and the ui in synthmaster one is way smoother and quicker on my 2017 now.

• Hey! hard boot seemed to help. I was doing the hold down the home button after holding down the power button memory clear trick but i do think the hard boot may have helped... some mem cache maybe had persisted and was all bungle in the jungle?Thoughtful emoji.

• Hmm. I loaded up my battle 10 track, which has 4 live instances of SMO going, I added another instance, played it with the track and turned the knobs, no crash. But I did add another instance of SMO which broke all instances. So 5, not 6.

Also, it appears that most knobs turn smoothly for me, even with 4 instances going, and it's only the Index and Tone knobs that are sluggish.

• @ronji said:
    Hmm. I loaded up my battle 10 track, which has 4 live instances of SMO going, I added another instance, played it with the track and turned the knobs, no crash. But I did add another instance of SMO which broke all instances. So 5, not 6.

Also, it appears that most knobs turn smoothly for me, even with 4 instances going, and it's only the Index and Tone knobs that are sluggish.

Yah for me those knobs are super smooth when I am under 50% cpu but once I creep over (which is rarely) it gets a bit sluggish.