Synthmaster One [doesn’t seem to be] crashing a lot on 3.0.11 [anymore]

edited November 2018 in Bug reports

(Tried to post this on the Synthmaster One thread but no idea how to find old buried threads as the search just finds any text anywhere.)

Anyway, I am getting major crashes with various patches in Synthmaster one when I turn the ‘index’ and ‘tone’ knobs. It is basicly a broken mine field now. :(

Comments

• Any time I read about the crappy forum search function, I feel the need to share how I search the forum.

https://www.google.com/search?q=synthmaster+one+site:intua.net/forums

• Also I'll test to confirm

• edited November 2018

@ronji said:
    Any time I read about the crappy forum search function, I feel the need to share how I search the forum.

https://www.google.com/search?q=synthmaster+one+site:intua.net/forums

Heh, yah but all that did was help me find another thread I started back when I couldn’t find the main one before. ;)

Edit: oh now I see, duh heh

• edited November 2018

The search has been broken since the last security update, vannila forums grrrr.
    Im having to go to google and use site:intua.net ‘search term’

https://intua.net/forums/index.php?p=/discussion/6730/synthmaster-one

• Haven't gotten it to crash yet, but dang it's hella sluggish. Which patches have done this to you? Note I've just tested with a fresh session with only SynthMaster One loaded onto a pad and nothing else.

• Must be something other factor causing the carshes, any other plugins or any particular patch ?

@ronji yes the UI with AU is very sluggish

• Seems to happen in sessions with three instances, used to be that four was the danger zone, is three now? Sigh

• In 3.0.10 I was able to have more than 4, might have just been 5 or 6 but it definitely seemed to have gotten better. I'll try testing with more instances in a bit.

• Hmmm, alright I will get all science on it’s ass and delete everything but the synthmasters... hmmm

• Oh and the ui in synthmaster one is way smoother and quicker on my 2017 now.

• Hey! hard boot seemed to help. I was doing the hold down the home button after holding down the power button memory clear trick but i do think the hard boot may have helped... some mem cache maybe had persisted and was all bungle in the jungle?Thoughtful emoji.

• Hmm. I loaded up my battle 10 track, which has 4 live instances of SMO going, I added another instance, played it with the track and turned the knobs, no crash. But I did add another instance of SMO which broke all instances. So 5, not 6.

Also, it appears that most knobs turn smoothly for me, even with 4 instances going, and it's only the Index and Tone knobs that are sluggish.

• @ronji said:
    Hmm. I loaded up my battle 10 track, which has 4 live instances of SMO going, I added another instance, played it with the track and turned the knobs, no crash. But I did add another instance of SMO which broke all instances. So 5, not 6.

Also, it appears that most knobs turn smoothly for me, even with 4 instances going, and it's only the Index and Tone knobs that are sluggish.

Yah for me those knobs are super smooth when I am under 50% cpu but once I creep over (which is rarely) it gets a bit sluggish.