BM3 Beat Battle 03 (Entries by Dec 10th)

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• Got something instantly in mind for this that might be pretty cool :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited November 2017
    Sounds cool, thanks @triton100 ..and like your sex pistols example :)

I'm not at all patriotic, so hope you'll all forgive me if I go a little anti-imperialist/anti-establishment with my song choice.

(I'm a Brit btw, in case it weren't clear)

Keen to get started now...

P.s. @5pinlink please could you sticky this thread
  • @triton100 Humanity first. I have no binding to national identity whatsoever. If 3.0.4 can raise the bar a bit, you never know. I may fake it.

• Whoop!

Gotta tell ya guys - I put a lot of time and work into running the last battle and I am happy to be back on THIS side again! ;)

Totally liking the new Battle idea here - and wishing that I could be clever to have come up with California Dreamin' (but I never would have thought of it....)

Hmmmm... Now i'll need to think up something equally clever to sample... And that's another challenge in itself isn't it? lol

GOOD LUCK Everybody!
    :)

• @triton100

Can we add synths and other samples, or must the entire thing be chopped and extracted from the original recording (plus one added drum kit)?
  • Stickied and renamed for continuity ;)
  • edited November 2017
    Yeah i might enter if i remember to read all the rules, i will probably forget and break them again lol.
  • @triton100 said:
    1. Choose a song that evokes the essence of the country you are from.

Hmm. Maybe this:

Or this:

• edited November 2017

@triton100 Ha ha ha. Well, I suppose I could apply a little creativity and drop a vowel from the spelling of country, clear the air and take a look at My Bloody Valentine. The island I live on has a legacy of exporting its creative genes abroad for good reason, so technically, if it doesn’t matter where Kevin Sheilds found his way... I could hold on to his spirit. Or rip the absolute shite out of river dance. Forever.

• Was that a theorist attack @StudioES? Or were you just being Wimpy? :tongue:

• @StudioES said:
    I was just thinking that Battle#3 rules are up to interpretation. Your perspective/mood. It could be anything from nationalism, RATM, to hillbilly pride, to a social/political analysis/statement, blah blah blah...

Could even be fun lol

• As an American I definitely already started thinking about sampling RATM. We'll see if I can come up with any better ideas

• @StudioES Nail on the head :wink: Yes. Much fun to be had. National identity before personal identity is, well... another artifice of The Age Of Error. Homo Sapiens is a crazy species. Pity about the restraint, but @triton100 has brought the contest back to a good focus - it’s all about the process of sampling and sequencing - the theme is just an ice breaker. Fun to be had. I suppose it’s in keeping with my moniker. I just hope I have the patience to use the app for more than a few minutes. Or find a way to pigeon hole Black Sabbath into the comp :p
  • I would love to participate again this time, but I have no experience of remixing and very few experience with chopping samples (I am mainly using BM3 as a daw for midi sequencing or samples launching). Any tip / tutorials anyone?
    By the way, I’m French and still hesitate on the song to choose!

• @Sygma

Consider the challenge as a reinterpretation of a significant French song, featuring snippets and samples from the original.

I can help suggest a few French tracks if that helps?
  • edited November 2017

@triton100 by a severe stretch of the rules, Geezer Butler is of Irish descent... considering I’m a life long sufferer of a backwards government that has temporarily trapped me in the land of leprechaun economics and cross dressing priests, that will just about do it for me. Now. What do I have to sacrifice to get BM3 work the way I want it to... c’mere!

• Not trying to self promote - but if it helps at all - In these 2 videos I show and explain quite a bit of sample editing / chopping:

• Your thoughts are always welcome @DeanDaughters :)