BM3 Beat Battle 03 (Entries by Dec 10th)

Comments

• edited November 2017

@tk32 said:
    @Sygma

Consider the challenge as a reinterpretation of a significant French song, featuring snippets and samples from the original.

I can help suggest a few French tracks if that helps?

Thank you! Actually I think I will choose Serge Gainsbourg and Jane Birkin with ‘Je t’aime moi non plus’ ;)

My main problem is to get an acapella as I would like to keep only the vocals and change the beats and melody. I guess I could get something decent with EQ but I have no experience !

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Ireland will always be represented if i'm here !!!!

• @triton100 said:
    @ronji

Oh I'm hopefully interviewing the guys from RATM soon. That would be mad crazy to play them your track if it goes ahead.

I’m still favoring the idea of sampling RATM, and this just adds more interest as well as pressure to whole thing ;)

• @ronji said: pressure to whole thing ;)

...now you do what they told ya?

(j/k -- i could not help myself)

• Conas a ta tu @5pinlink :wink:

• Born in England but Irish family, so no gaelic here lol, but yeah I'm grand ya big ol bollox :)

• edited November 2017

Feck off ya big gobshite ya! Ha ha ha :tongue:

• edited November 2017

Gitya, ya feckin eygit :)

• edited November 2017
    This is touching, really, but I wonder if the two of you would prefer to continue in a separate 'Gaelic banter' thread rather than this battle B)
  • Touching ? Really ?
    I definitely need to get back to DV and DOA !!

• @tk32 Darling. Don’t be jealous. It meant nothing. Em.... wah? Ta me go dti an Octatrack MK II
  • edited November 2017

Note

If anybody has an issue uploading to Soundcloud for this, then just PM me and i will host the file for you or something, example, I made this as a pisstake insert for a radio show, and Soundcloud said it was copyrighted haha.
    http://www.5pin.link/bmtests/black.mp3

• @5pinlink - Pretty sweet, man - I like the stutters :D

• This will be my first battle. I am excited and hope you enjoy what I come up with|

• @ncallands said:
    This will be my first battle. I am excited and hope you enjoy what I come up with|

Welcome to the Arena ;)

• Just wanted to post and say I hope everyone's tracks are coming along well.

I'm excited to welcome the new entrants for this battle, and glad that @DeanDaughters is back in the game (and perhaps even @5pinlink ). Though it's a shame @triton100 will be sitting this one out (as reigning champ)

My track is coming along nicely and should be ready early next week.
  • Not sure i will have time to be fair, will see if i get a bit of spare time over the weekend or something, but Framptons fighting saturday night lol.
  • edited November 2017
    ... I could always ask Mrs 5pin to mess with the aerial/co-ax feed.

Or lock you in the car again.
  • I’m already done with my track downloaded the free copper kit from dean and got busy right away. my question is does it have to be uploaded to SoundCloud?? What’s the platform for entry?
  • Hi @brandnu87

Unfortunately it sounds like you have been following last month's battle rules (Copper Kit)

This month (Battle 3, November) is all about reinterpreting a significant song from your country of origin. The rules were set by @triton100

However, we'd still love to hear your late entry for Battle 2, so please upload to SoundCloud or Dropbox and post it for us.
  • maybe @brandnu87 is just using the kit from the previous battle while also sampling a tune within the rules of this battle? either way, as @tk32 said we love and appreciate any bm3 contributions in this forum!