MIDI Tools launch party

edited January 2019 in General

Hey folks!

I've just released the MIDI tools that I've posted about previously on the forum here. The app contains 8 MIDI audio units in a single package, and should work in any host.

Some of these tools fix warts (like being able to record AUv3 midi generator's notes, or enabling passthrough around certain Rozeta plugins etc.). Others allow you to do crazy things like controlling multiple plugins on multiple banks at the same time, with keyboard splits; or generate polyrhythms; or fix your double-triggering pad controllers etc. etc.

Here's a website: http://audioveek.com

Here's some videos demonstrating some use cases:

Route

Route MIDI to external hardware, record AU generators, or enable pads without samples

Bus

Route MIDI anywhere in the app, around plugins, to other pads or to other banks

De-Ghost

Fix your double-triggering MPD controller, or generate drums polyrhythms

Curve

Make your keyboard's velocity curve sound great

Key Zone

Keyboard splits; combine with MIDI bus to control all banks using one keyboard!

Monitor

"does what it says on the tin"

Latch

Because where's the latch function in BM3?

Thanks for all the beta testers, and for everyone who helped me out with artwork, making videos and writing documentation.
Cheers!

Comments

• Stickying this for a while, community member and essential add ons to B3.

• edited January 2019

These. Are. Awesome.

But everybody knew that already, right?

• Well the main reason i am stickying it for a while is this, when somebody asks how do i do XYZ, and the answer is use MIDI Tool XYZ, it should be noted that you were pre warned, buy them now, or forever hold your piece (No i didn't miss spell it)

• I was looking forward to having such an impressive and so useful tool!
    Thank you so much @blueveek for this great contribution to Beatmaker 3 community.
    So many possibilities offered now
    Happy to start to learn new knowledge aswell
    ☀️🏆😎

• Bought it! A steal for $1.

• @ronji check out the De Ghost video at the end, awesome random Amen HiHat polyrythms.

• Or, one of my favourite quick hacks with this:

Load Midi Curves on your hihats and crank up the velocity randomiser

• Both at the same time, even better.

• @blueveek you are my hero! 😋

• @winconway said:
    @ronji check out the De Ghost video at the end, awesome random Amen HiHat polyrythms.

Oh nice! I hadn’t watched any of the videos yet, didn’t realize you did them. That’s a cool trick!

• @ronji said:

@winconway said:
    @ronji check out the De Ghost video at the end, awesome random Amen HiHat polyrythms.

Oh nice! I hadn’t watched any of the videos yet, didn’t realize you did them. That’s a cool trick!

Gotta help new developers ;)

• Bought it immediately!

• Purchased.

Midi duplication very useful.

• Good job @blueveek, looks handy for AUM as well, bought!

• Hey folks, first update with general quality of life improvements is out (1.1)!

• Fix rare startup crash in the Route plugin
    • Disable irrelevant knobs when "fixed output" is active in the Curve plugin
    • Prevent certain CC messages from overflowing in the Monitor plugin
    • Add a pause button in the Monitor plugin
    • Specify the output destination in the info message in the Route plugin
    • Reorder controls in a way that makes more intuitive sense in the Zone plugin

Thanks everyone for all the feedback on the release version. And hope you're enjoying MIDI Tools ;)

• Such a creative plugin suite. Excellent work on creating tools for so many different scenarios that people have come up with.

At a buck, you’d be a fool to miss out!