BM3 Battle #08 - Acapella-GO! (Deadline 20th of May - Brambos Perforator Prize)

Comments

• edited May 2018

If you locate the missing sample and re-save the session, it should remember the new location.. no?

If not, you could always save a fresh copy of the found sample in the session folder, and reload it into the pad from there?

• Weird. I clean lost my WAV file. Had to fetch it from a backup. Maybe there’s a process I need to follow when trimming an active session sample?

Anywho... not wanting to derail this thread so back to the track.

• edited May 2018

@GusGranite does it help if you save the bank containing the recovered sample, then the project? Seems to work most of the time on my end...

• edited May 2018

@denx said:
    @GusGranite does it help if you save the bank containing the recovered sample, then the project? Seems to work most of the time on my end...

Right. Save the bank then the session. I will do that from now on. I have been saving the session religiously thinking that was enough. Thanks for the tip.

• If you need to save the bank too, then that is a bug and needs to be reported immediately, you only ever need to save a session unless you havent saved your samples, but saving a bank will not save samples either.

• What @5pinlink said. Where did you have to fetch your missing WAV from, specifically? Was it in an unsaved session folder or some other misc folder, rather than the session samples or main samples folders?

• I am still a bit unsure about this as I have faced similar and spoken on here before about it. Isn’t it the case that once you trim a sample it automatically creates and saves a new sample with a new number. Wav.1. Wav.2 etc. Or does it only create it BUT you must manually save each sample either to the main directory or the session ?

• @groovey said:
    I am still a bit unsure about this as I have faced similar and spoken on here before about it. Isn’t it the case that once you trim a sample it automatically creates and saves a new sample with a new number. Wav.1. Wav.2 etc. Or does it only create it BUT you must manually save each sample either to the main directory or the session ?

It sounds like you have experienced the same. My workflow was Open saved session > Trim sample actively being used in track > Save session again to save changes > Close BM3. Next time I opened BM3 it could not find the sample and was looking for it with [002] appended to the file name.

Should I have individually saved the sample with a different name after trimming it and re-insert it into the track?

• edited May 2018

When a new sample is created it is 'unsaved' it will not get automatically 'saved' unless an unsaved session save is triggered, then it will be in the unsaved session folder with the unsaved session file, however if you close the app before an unsaved session is triggered, you will lose the unsaved session file and the sample.
    (B3 can't continually save unsaved sessions, this would be a continuous loop and you would never be able to use the app, considering that you can double tap home and close the app, unsaved sessions in my own eyes personally should be banned, never to be seen again, they breed inappropriate confidence and stop users from learning/building real useful housekeeping habits)

I keep harping on about good housekeeping (By the way, this applies to all desk top apps too) but when you create a new sample (That you wish to keep) you should save and name accordingly, then i personally will reload it too, just to make sure that the sample is definitely the newly saved version (Again i do this on desktop in Maschine etc too, this is not a B3 thing for me)
    Not only does this give you a robust set up that you can rely on 100% of the time (I have never lost a sample) but also allows you to build up a significant library in very little time "Hmmm i like this snare, i shall save it to my snare folder, not the session folder, i know where it is in future" etc etc

• Good advice. Will follow it.

• Me too. What other words of wisdom have you got. Life according to @5pinlink ;)

• Use sunscreen !

• @5pinlink said:
    Use sunscreen !

Yes good one. What about relationship advice ?

• 10 days to go.. hope everyone is ready for a serious butterfly overdose!

Mine could potentially put you off Alicia's voice for life (I certainly don't want to here her croon about butterflies ever again!)

• @tk32 said:
    10 days to go.. hope everyone is ready for a serious butterfly overdose!

Mine could potentially put you off Alicia's voice for life (I certainly don't want to here her croon about butterflies ever again!)

Funny. Am I able to listen to yours now privately ?

• Sorry. Mine is almost done now, so you'll have to wait for release day on 20 May

• I wonder if we should make one of the upcoming battles a feedback round, where posting WIPs and asking for feedback before the final submission is not only allowed but encouraged, or even required =)

• Yeah, I often need help at the early stage. Ie.. "Scrap that and start again"

• I’m still somewhat stuck on that stage. =) haven’t had a lot of time to work on it so far, and I haven’t gotten my foundation set. I’ll get it done though!

• @tk32 i only asked as earlier you mentioned if anyone wanted to hear it earlier you would send a link. You’ve changed your mind now. Totally not a problem whatsoever

• @ronji said:
    I wonder if we should make one of the upcoming battles a feedback round, where posting WIPs and asking for feedback before the final submission is not only allowed but encouraged, or even required =)

That is a great idea.

• edited May 2018

@groovey said:
    @tk32 i only asked as earlier you mentioned if anyone wanted to hear it earlier you would send a link. You’ve changed your mind now. Totally not a problem whatsoever

Yeah, my fault entirely. I felt happier sharing it back when it was an early work in progress, but now it's closer to finishing I'm gonna hold it back. Hope that's ok - I'm not meaning to be a dick

• @tk32 said:

@groovey said:
    @tk32 i only asked as earlier you mentioned if anyone wanted to hear it earlier you would send a link. You’ve changed your mind now. Totally not a problem whatsoever

Yeah, my fault entirely. I felt happier sharing it back when it was an early work in progress, but now it's closer to finishing I'm gonna hold it back. Hope that's ok - I'm not meaning to be a dick

Of course not. I’m really looking foward to hearing the entries.

• @tk32 said:
    10 days to go.. hope everyone is ready for a serious butterfly overdose!

I for one embrace my butterfly crooning overlord.

• Posted my WIP on instagram. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ dint wanna soil the thread but it’s up for anyone who wanna peep my slow progress. =)

• Can we submit a bounce of the beat along with a video recording of it? Since my iPad Air 2 is choked already with all the plugs and Synth instances I added

• @nkdVKNG I don't see why not. Am I missing a reason that would be an issue? We generally submit exports, and sometimes there are videos, so I say go for it. It's all about the tune in the end!

• Having trouble with crashes when trying to record real-time automation. I have tried many different plugins but when I start to change a parameter it crashes out.

So close! Will keep plugging away.

• Getting excited now...

I might have to check Instagram too ;)