BM3 Battle #08 - Acapella-GO! (Deadline 20th of May - Brambos Perforator Prize)

Comments

• my song is creashun export :< maybe just make a new t00b viedo 4 it

• @Gravitas said:
    @nkdVKNG

Enjoyed that. Nice.

thx Gravitas!

• @denx said:
    Needs glue, a lot of polish and tlc, but hey, its here and at least slightly greasy 😸

I enjoyed that a lot. I say screw the glue and keep it greasy!!! The way you freaked the vocals into synths was awesome

• edited May 2018

I'd just like to say... the quality of all entries so far has been stellar. Thanks and congrats to all who took the time to enter this one.

I'm excited to hear who else gets their submission posted in the final 6-8 hours (@ronji?) and wish everyone luck when the voting begins tomorrow :)

• @denx Thanks for the translation 😇

• @Audiogus - love your clean production. Really enjoyed your track.
    @nkdVKNG - nice beats and vibe. From your comment it sounds like it wasn’t easy to keep it BM3? What’s your usual setup?

• Shoot - were we supposed to master in BM3 as well? I’ve just realized I threw my track into the Grand Finale app which is my go to right now (although it would be a bit grand to call it mastering on my part...). I was thinking it was just produce and arrange in BM3.

I will happily sit out the voting if that broke the rules! It would also be hard to argue that I put in a real breakdown as it wasn’t a breakdown sort of track... I’m just really pleased that this battle pushed me out of my comfort zone to create a new track in a different style!

• @nkdVKNG thanks!
    I enjoyed your track a lot too, nice voodoo groove to it 😁

• @GusGranite

Dude, what matters is the music itself.
    I stuck to keeping it entirely within Beatmaker for my remix
    which also took me out of my comfort zone.
    I personally wanted to export the tracks out, throw them into Reaper,
    using my go to effects and reverbs and my more usual Mastering Chain.

No way should you be thrown out of the voting.
    Your track is awesome.

• edited May 2018

@GusGranite whoops, me too.
    Grand finale, I mean.

• Cool stuff going on, really interesting takes! Could make for a pretty wild Butterfly megamix afterwards. :)

• @denx said:
    Needs glue, a lot of polish and tlc, but hey, its here and at least slightly greasy 😸

I can’t get enough of this track right now! Such a cool mood and atmosphere.

• FYI - my track went through Final touch (iOS) for some light touch EQ and limiting.. this has always been acceptable in previous battles so don't sweat it.

• @starpause said:
    my song is creashun export :< maybe just make a new t00b viedo 4 it

Maybe host Bm3 in audioshare, record it that way?

• edited May 2018

@tk32 said:
    FYI - my track went through Final touch (iOS) for some light touch EQ and limiting.. this has always been acceptable in previous battles so don't sweat it.

I think for mastering, anything is fair game provided you do it yourself. Sticking to iOS ;) probably makes sense... just because, I dunno, just because, heh. I used Final Touch as an IAA effect on the Main Out.

• @Audiogus thank you, that is a great compliment!

• did that work?

• @starpause always love your chunky electro beats! So that took you less than a day? Crazy...

• Here it is =) it’s fairly minimal and could definitely be improved upon, but this is what I managed to finish.

• edited May 2018

@ronji said:
    Here it is =) it’s fairly minimal and could definitely be improved upon, but this is what I managed to finish.

i can enjoy... the parts where she isn't singing ^_____^ nice production!

• @GusGranite said:
    @starpause always love your chunky electro beats! So that took you less than a day? Crazy...

thanks! yeah between teaching qigong, a new day job, and organizing a festiva i'm force to work fast > . < plus #weeklybeats has me in practice

• @starpause said:

@ronji said:
    Here it is =) it’s fairly minimal and could definitely be improved upon, but this is what I managed to finish.

i can enjoy... the parts where she isn't singing ^_____^ nice production!

You're not down with the male sounding -5 semitone detune? =D Thanks!

I've only managed to listen to yours so far before I posted mine, and it's dope =)

Super excited to listen to the others!

• @nkdVKNG said:

@denx said:

I enjoyed that a lot. I say screw the glue and keep it greasy!!! The way you freaked the vocals into synths was awesome

oooo glitchy biz the chopped vox really work (listenable;) and dat bass comming in at the start gave me an idea things would be fun... then delivery! would take a dl if you can pm??? :>

• edited May 2018

@Gravitas said:

lufffffin de halftime beats and swirlllly chill out. i'd like the vocals to be dubbed out too 😅🤐😅 and once the orchestra bits come in and the vocals are swelling crazy it's got so much class 🎩

• @GusGranite said:

SO CYBER N SOMBER great job constructing that vibe! download?

• @tk32 said:
    It's launch time. Enjoy :)

brilly sound design! wish her voice was descimated into psy flutters to complete the trip

• @Audiogus said:

X-O-TIQ

love the glitched downtempo and it had my S.O. voguing 😂 that upwards vocal sweep... what the hell was that?! reminds me of COIL

• @nkdVKNG said:

Hope you all enjoy! Tried my best on the platform.

VIBES! wish there was more build/break but solid none the less

• @5pinlink said:
    I keep harping on about good housekeeping (By the way, this applies to all desk top apps too) but when you

not just for music apps either... house keeping saves so much headaches

not that i'm any good at it, but the house keeping i do gives me a chance at finding the stuff later vs it being burried in gigabytes of "archive"

i found this fman file manager recently that brings the concept of fuzzy finding to file system navigation and i swear it's better than tags

• @starpause said:
    X-O-TIQ

love the glitched downtempo and it had my S.O. voguing 😂 that upwards vocal sweep... what the hell was that?! reminds me of COIL

Aww thanks Starpause. That upward vocal sweep was either the power of Sugarbytes fx... or hmmm... I think it maay be Emo Chrous actually... yah just tuning knobs creating a doppler effect of sorts I think.