BM3 Battle #08 - Acapella-GO! (Deadline 20th of May - Brambos Perforator Prize)

Comments

• @ronji what’s your insta

• @tk32 said:

@groovey said:
    @ronji what’s your insta

https://www.instagram.com/djronji/

Yep :wink:

@GusGranite Any luck with your crashing? If not, give us some more info and maybe we can help figure it out.

• I hit the wall at the end of last week and this weekend listened to all my efforts... was so massively disappointed I thought I might just give up... took the weekend off then this morning just muted several banks and listened to it more minimalist... alright, back in business. I was suffering from classic 'way too much shit syndrome'.

• @Audiogus said:
    I hit the wall at the end of last week and this weekend listened to all my efforts... was so massively disappointed I thought I might just give up... took the weekend off then this morning just muted several banks and listened to it more minimalist... alright, back in business. I was suffering from classic 'way too much shit syndrome'.

So easy to do this. I’m working on a track at the moment. Had this too. Stripped it waaay back. It’s now hot. (To my ears ) very pleased.
    @ronji love what you did. Would go into more detail but realise you’re not allowed to or whatever the deal is. But it’s good 👍

• Only 5 sleeps to go :)

Putting the finishing touches to mine.

• edited May 2018

so I wonder how many entries we are expecting this weekend.

Fingers crossed we should have submissions from all the following...

@ronji
    @tk32
    @d4d0ug
    @GusGranite
    @Audiogus
    @denx
    @groovey
    @nkdVKNG
    and @starpause (maybe/hopefully?)

If so, this could turn into one of the best voting rounds so far!

• Fingers crossed =)

• edited May 2018

...and done.

My track is mixed, exported, mastered, dithered, printed, uploaded and waiting to launch.

• @ronji said:
    @GusGranite Any luck with your crashing? If not, give us some more info and maybe we can help figure it out.

Thx. I exported the tracks to wav. Imported into new session, and automations are working again. Not sure if I hit some sort of limit.

• @tk32 we can always count on you, bruv! ;)

@GusGranite glad to hear you've got a possible workaround? I'd be surprised if you hit a limit. I did have a crash when I went to record some automation, which spooked me, but it hasn't happened again. I'm not really sure what caused it. I wonder if it was just a combination of things going on, CPU/RAM usage, and some special sauce.

• edited May 2018

It's been great having vocals to use. Every time I make purely instrumental music my tendency is to add too many melodies rather than just let a rhythmic/bass groove develop.

It's been so refreshing to make a track that shares equal partnership with the vocal, and as a result.. I'm pretty sure my skills jumped several notches during this one.

The sound quality and light-touch EQ/limiting are much better this time around too (imho)

Level up!

• Good afternoon,

Dropbox or Soundcloud set to private for sharing?

• Awesome @brambos (Abides) has given me a code for his new plugin for the winner !!!!!

• @Gravitas soundcloud is preferred for easy listening, and you don't have to set it to private, just I guess don't post the link in here till May 20.

@5pinlink awesome!!

• @ronji said:
    @Gravitas soundcloud is preferred for easy listening, and you don't have to set it to private, just I guess don't post the link in here till May 20.

@5pinlink awesome!!

Cool. Will do.

• @5pinlink said:
    Awesome @brambos (Abides) has given me a code for his new plugin for the winner !!!!!

Nice! (although I bought it 17 seconds after it hit the AppStore...]

• edited May 2018

Hmm.. should I hold out on buying Perforator now --based on the remote prospect of winning this one-- or am I just kidding myself?

S'pose it depends how many horses are in this race! ;)

(that'll be me faceplanting, btw)

• Is there also a prize for the first entry to get blocked by Soundcloud bots :)

• 1 day until release..

Who's planning to drop submissions tomorrow? please reply and let us know...

• edited May 2018

@tk32 said:
    1 day until release..

Who's planning to drop submissions tomorrow? please reply and let us know...

My soundcloud link will be up.

• Probably

• Maybe, probably not, definetly nothing polished

• Mine is gonna be dropped even if it’s unfinished. Been a busy month!

• omg F*CK tht alpacas site what a pain in the ass to register and making me wait a minute to download a shitty mp3... does nay wun hav day WAV dis huzzy?

• edited May 2018

@starpause said:
    omg F*CK tht alpacas site what a pain in the ass to register and making me wait a minute to download a shitty mp3... does nay wun hav day WAV dis huzzy?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8976kdrf3qfveqa/alicia_keys_-butterflyz%28acapella%29.mp3?dl=0
    I gave you an easier link in the first post =)

• @ronji said:

@starpause said:
    omg F*CK tht alpacas site what a pain in the ass to register and making me wait a minute to download a shitty mp3... does nay wun hav day WAV dis huzzy?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8976kdrf3qfveqa/alicia_keys_-butterflyz%28acapella%29.mp3?dl=0
    I gave you an easier link in the first post =)

Thank you1!!! I was on the train and can't read 🤪

• @tk32 said:
    According to songkeybpm.com/Search?q=Alicia+keys+butterflies this one is

D flat minor / 156 bpm

Here are the main chords used:

INTERESTING... alpaca site says this

• It's definitely C#/Db Minor. Back on page 1-2 of this thread I shared a scan from the Alicia Keys song book, which confirmed the key.