BM3 Templates (New!)

Comments

• Failed to mention all APC40 preset pads will now output the default midi light data as well to their respective controls and are even recordable. :) This means you always know what you are triggering or what you did trigger in your performances/productions. This, unfortunately does not include RGB color changes (this is currently not implemented in BM3, so lights_ctrl.bmk3 is really for only building lightshows or lighted pad layouts.

• Cool Beans !
    Oh wait I’m B1Gs not Doug Woods🤔

Still Cool stuff coming and Thnx @mefisme

• edited February 2018

@J_B1GS said:
    Cool Beans !
    Oh wait I’m B1Gs not Doug Woods🤔

Still Cool stuff coming and Thnx @mefisme

Lol. What does B1GS stand for? Does your existence have a manual? Haha.

• B1Gs: partially taken from my last name and also the fact that I was 6’7” & 280 pounds. The Manual for B1Gs was developed and controlled by my wife! 🗣

• @J_B1GS said:
    B1Gs: partially taken from my last name and also the fact that I was 6’7” & 280 pounds. The Manual for B1Gs was developed and controlled by my wife! 🗣

Hahaha! Seems perfect. Mine is quite simple. My initials is me. Manual for me is...well...complex and disorganized

• Video in the works showcasing the power of BM3 and external controllers! I also have another video I will post first giving a much better explanation of what's to come.

• You got me drooling (not a pretty sight🤤). Can’t wait to see the vids!

Thanx in advance - as always !

• @J_B1GS said:
    You got me drooling (not a pretty sight🤤). Can’t wait to see the vids!

Thanx in advance - as always !

I've had a fairly rough 6 months. Tripod broke, almost died, lost my PA system, kid destroyed things, dog chewed up expensive headphones. Plus life itself gets in the way. I do apologize all the video delays and what not and getting the ball rolling. I'm actually re-evaluating my studio space. It isnt kid friendly so have to fix.

• I know about “not kid friendly” have three here most days, oldest being 3, youngest 2 months. Gave up my “Studio Room” for the little ones - that’s one reason my APC40 was collecting dust, BUT glad you are creating these templates, giving me a reason to dust off the Equipment and knock the rust off myself.
    Totally understand what you are going thru (except the almost dying part) and can Totally wait as long as necessary for your kind work.
    No apology is necessary by all means!

Please keep up the great work - very much appreciated 👌 😁

Peace out

• Yep. I’ve got two little ones and my wife works crazy shifts so I know all about juggling it all. I’m very glad you recovered from the ‘almost died’ incident! Keep up the great work.

• This is not a promotional video. It is a 17 minute overview explanation for users showcasing the future naming convention for controllers (this example is the APC40mk1), a couple APC40 session types (Unfocused and Focused Columns), and improvements to what I’m building for the next release. Consider this kind of like a training video. :)

Best watched on YouTube specifically (App or web) or Android for Higher quality.

• You are Amazing 🆒. Nice video! Thankyou btw.
    If this is what you accomplish after almost dying and having a little one roaming around the house - I can just imagine (no I can’t, cuz I’m an idiot to this stuff 😜) what you can and I am sure you will produce some great projects for us to enjoy!
    Off to bed now, got a 12+ hour work shift tomorrow that not looking forward to BUT I have all week off after that to start playing around more with v1.2
    Peace out

• Folks, I am thinking about buying APC40 MK2 (I already had original APC40 with Ableton Live in the past but I sold it and now MK2 is much more appealing to me). Has anyone tried these mappings with MK2 already? Sure there will be some adjustments needed, but I would like to know if at least 50% of it works already..?
    Also I am curious what are the limitations of BM3 in comparison to Ableton Live with this controller?
    I would like to check the videos, but they're offline now. If you have any videos of this mappings (or with MK2 and BM3 even better :smile: ) in action, I would really appreciate it!

• edited August 2018

@skrat said:
    Folks, I am thinking about buying APC40 MK2 (I already had original APC40 with Ableton Live in the past but I sold it and now MK2 is much more appealing to me). Has anyone tried these mappings with MK2 already? Sure there will be some adjustments needed, but I would like to know if at least 50% of it works already..?
    Also I am curious what are the limitations of BM3 in comparison to Ableton Live with this controller?
    I would like to check the videos, but they're offline now. If you have any videos of this mappings (or with MK2 and BM3 even better :smile: ) in action, I would really appreciate it!

@skrat ,

BM3 has high-potential when it comes to workflow and controllerism; however, specific midi controllers may work better or worse. Much of this is dependent on usage intent. What has your experience been so far without a controller? What are you trying to achieve with a MK2 controller in BM3? If it's an Ableton experience, you've missed this project's goal.

This template works as described in the top thread description for APC40MK1. Reassignment to MK2 may work. Just download, reassign to MK2 in focus actions menu, test and tweak to taste then save focus action template.

Limitations? There are plenty of limitations if one is trying to compare Ableton to BM3. Truth be told, they are not comparable.
    Totally different beasts. Again, what are trying to accomplish? If you buy MK2, use both DAWs. :smile:

Videos in full action have never been made. Multiple reasons. Maybe I'll get back to it if support from the community is there.

I'll help any way I can.

• Trigger options in scene mode and recording triggered patterns to timeline are needed for Ableton Live style controllerism, so no not yet.

• edited August 2018

@5pinlink. Do hoy know if this template was archived? I Lost this one too. :neutral:

• @ronji may have archived it, i will look at the dropbox when i get chance ;)

• @mefisme said:
    BM3 has high-potential when it comes to workflow and controllerism; however, specific midi controllers may work better or worse. Much of this is dependent on usage intent. What has your experience been so far without a controller? What are you trying to achieve with a MK2 controller in BM3? If it's an Ableton experience, you've missed this project's goal.

This template works as described in the top thread description for APC40MK1. Reassignment to MK2 may work. Just download, reassign to MK2 in focus actions menu, test and tweak to taste then save focus action template.

Limitations? There are plenty of limitations if one is trying to compare Ableton to BM3. Truth be told, they are not comparable.
    Totally different beasts. Again, what are trying to accomplish? If you buy MK2, use both DAWs. :smile:

Videos in full action have never been made. Multiple reasons. Maybe I'll get back to it if support from the community is there.

I'll help any way I can.

@mefisme @5pinlink thank you guys for the input. My experience so far with BM3 is really good, I tried out and even actively used most of the well-known desktop DAWs and currently also most of the iOS options (garageband, gadget, cubasis, aum, audiobus, beathawk,...). That said, BM3 fits me by far the best on iOS. Also iOS production fits me because you can do it comfortably on a couch, bed, while travelling... which is not that nice with laptop. And personally, touch control seems to boost the inspiration and motivation in comparison with mouse+keyboard combo which kills creativity for me. However, touching a piece of glass is often not as nice as touching knobs, faders and physical buttons. Also the "stability" of the controls (they're always on the same place and mostly fulfilling the same functionality) is a big advantage. And for the live performance, having as much dedicated controls as possible under your hands is very important. (saying this as I am more a DJ than a producer).
    I don't look for the exact ableton experience, but I would of course welcome lot of it's concepts :smile: If I understand you correctly, triggering patterns is the most missing piece...? I know you can midi map pads to trigger patterns, but probably it's far away from what are people used to in Ableton...? Also I guess that because the scene launcher is "rotated" in 90 degrees compared to Ableton, scene launching and the whole overview of clips would be confusing... What about selecting tracks? Can I switch between them and device control section on APC40 will control respective macros? Can I switch tracks using APC40 only or do I need to use the iPad? (sorry if it's already responded here, I tried to read this discussion including the post with manual for the mapping but I can't just get my head around it).
    Anyway, I think I can still benefit from having controls over parameters for production, being able to use faders, mute or solo tracks, use macros and use scene launcher as drum pads / note trigger for selected track (can I?). It's often better than switching back and forth between screens. I will give APC40 a try and be sure I will leave my feedback then :smile: Cheers and thank you for your answers!

• @5pinlink @mefisme I didn't archive this one unfortunately =( perhaps someone else still has it downloaded?

• @mefisme @5pinlink @ronji
    I believe this is what you might be looking for:

• Absolutely brilliant as usual @J_B1GS thank you !!
    Not sure everybody knows how much you help out here on the forum, cheers dude.

• No problem, I maybe a lurker but willing to help where and whenever I can.

Cheers guys

• @J_B1GS said:
    @mefisme @5pinlink @ronji
    I believe this is what you might be looking for:

Thanks a lot!

• @mefisme ,

good morning from Holland, i was wondering if you have any news regarding the 1.3 update?

• @Funky_Nassau said:
    @mefisme ,

good morning from Holland, i was wondering if you have any news regarding the 1.3 update?

I am at a pause with this until the next update. But id be happy to help you with any apc40 stuff.

• Funky Nassau man, still one of my favourite breaks of all time, DJ Mink destroys that bad boy !!!!!!!

• @mefisme said:

@Funky_Nassau said:
    @mefisme ,

I am at a pause with this until the next update. But id be happy to help you with any apc40 stuff.

Cool, just wondering what would be a nice addition to the APC 40, could it be an Akai MPD or a Korg?

• @5pinlink said:
    Funky Nassau man, still one of my favourite breaks of all time, DJ Mink destroys that bad boy !!!!!!!

Hi, i'm glad you can relate! Think i've got the 12"somewhere...

• @Funky_Nassau said:
    @mefisme ,

No 1 e> @Funky_Nassau said:

@mefisme said:

@Funky_Nassau said:
    @mefisme ,

Cool, just wondering what would be a nice addition to the APC 40, could it be an Akai MPD or a Korg?

That sure would be alot of buttons. I'm not sure what would be a good compliment. I used the mpkmini mk2 with it. Was very satisfied.